Applying to Council as Homeless

Documents to take with you

It will help if you take proof of your and your family’s identity and situation, such as:

  • birth certificates or passports
  • proof of pregnancy
  • tenancy agreement
  • court possession papers
  • a letter or notice from anyone who has asked you to move out (for example, your parents or landlord)
  • letters from a doctor about your health
  • proof of income (including benefits)

Date modified: May 01 2020 | Date created: May 01 2020

Coming soon...

Very soon our exciting and groundbreaking knowledge base will be launched providing instant access to deaf friendly advice on a huge range of issues which anyone can access 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Please check again soon.