Most landlords do carry out repairs once they know about them. If your landlord is not carrying out necessary repairs, you may need to take further action. Speak to one of our advisers if you need further help.
Collect all the evidence you can about the repairs and what you have done to get your landlord to carry them out. Your evidence could include:
- photographs showing examples of damage or disrepair
- belongings that have been affected (e.g. clothes damaged by dampness)
- receipts if you have had to replace things
- reports from your council’s environmental health department
- copies of letters, or emails and texts you have sent to your landlord, and of any responses you have received
- medical reports explaining how your health has been affected