The EU Settlement Scheme

How do I apply to the EU Settlement Scheme?

Before you start, gather together all of the things you will need:

  • an identity document - your passport, national identity card, biometric residence card or permit that has not expired- if it has you will need to renew it before you apply
  • a digital photo. Or you can take a selfie when you apply online
  • your National Insurance number or other proof of your residence in the UK
  • a mobile phone number
  • an email address
  • proof of your relationship if you're applying for a child or another family member

If you have a passport or national Identity Card:

For more information on how to access and use the "EU Exit: ID Document Check" app, please read the following:

If you have an Android phone, please click here to download the app.
If you have an Apple device, please click here to download the app.

Read the step-by-step process of using the App by clicking here.

Watch RAD's BSL video on "most common questions about the EU settlement scheme" here.

If you do not have or cannot find your passport or national Identity Card

  • You must make your application on a paper form and send this and evidence of your identity in the post. You can request a paper form from the EU Settlement Resolution Centre.

  • You must also use a paper form if you are applying as a family member.

If you have a National Insurance number this will be used to check proof of your residence.

Otherwise, you will have to provide evidence such as Bank Statements, Wage slips, Utility bills.

You will also have to declare criminal convictions.

Date modified: April 08 2021 | Date created: April 07 2021

Coming soon...

Very soon our exciting and groundbreaking knowledge base will be launched providing instant access to deaf friendly advice on a huge range of issues which anyone can access 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Please check again soon.