Winter Fuel Payment
- The Winter Fuel Payment is administered and paid by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). It an annual one-off payment of between £250 and £600 to help you pay for heating during the winter if you meet certain criteria.
- If you were born on or before 26 September 1955 you may be eligible.
- If you get State Pension or some other benefits you will get the payment automatically. You will get a letter saying how much you will get.
- If you do not get a letter and you are eligible, apply for the payment online, by phone, textphone or using the BSL video relay service. Search for Winter Fuel Payment on GOV.UK. Your claim must be received by the Winter Fuel Payment Centre by 31.3.23.
- If you are unhappy with a decision about your claim, you can ask for it to be reconsidered, within one month of the date of the decision.
Textphone: Contact Relay UK on 18001 then 0800 731 0160
For more information about whether you qualify and how to apply, please contact your local deafPLUS Centre or book an appointment on the Adviceline to talk to one of our BSL adviser.
Date modified: November 23 2022 | Date created: October 26 2021