Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Key information

  • If you are awarded the Daily Living Component of PIP you may get extra amounts in some of your other benefits such as ESA, Universal Credit or Housing Benefit.
  • If you have an award of PIP and your health needs or circumstances change get advice about your rights and responsibilities.
  • If you have other changes such as where you live or going into hospital you should report these to the DWP via the PIP helpline by phone on 0800 917 2222 or textphone on 0800 917 7777
  • If you go abroad for a short time you can still be paid PIP for the first 13 weeks of your stay (or 26 weeks if you have gone abroad for the treatment of a medical condition that began before you left the UK.
  • Most PIP awards are for set time and the DWP will normally review your award about a year before it is due to end. If it is not reviewed you can claim PIP again up to 6 months before the current award will end. The process is similar to making a new claim.

Date modified: September 08 2021 | Date created: March 04 2020

Coming soon...

Very soon our exciting and groundbreaking knowledge base will be launched providing instant access to deaf friendly advice on a huge range of issues which anyone can access 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Please check again soon.